Sunday, January 4, 2015

Buffalo Chicken, Slow Cooked

Experimenting with my slow cooker.  Got a recipe for Buffalo Chicken from Gina's Skinny Recipes at skinnytaste.com but the recipe seemed too small for my 5 quart slow cooker.  Modified it up and I'm using a whole roaster chicken so we shall see.

4 stalks celery, cut into two inch lengths
2 onions coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 whole roaster chicken, about 5 pounds
1 quart chicken stock
1 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
1 cup water just to bring the level up

I wanted to do a low cook for 6 hours, but my slow cooker only has Low settings for 8 and 10 hours.  Not only that, but 6 hours takes me past 9:30 (bedtime at 9:00 so I can get up at 5 to teach school).  The only other option would involve leaving it on the warmer overnight, so I'm going with the suggested alternative of 4 hours on High.

Update: It tastes like...


... chicken.  So I made Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins

No comments:

Post a Comment