Saturday, April 30, 2016

Whole grain bread

My mother gave me her bread machine.  She doesn't use it and it was going to Goodwill unless someone wanted it.  I figured it was worth a try.  For the record I eat, on average, less than two slices a day, usually toast with my breakfast.  I am a "low carb" person but have figured out that morning multi-grain doesn't mess with my system so this is a nice treat.


This recipe was mostly found on line with a few tweaks by me for the bread machine. Just add all the ingredients to the bread machine in order.  Use the setting for a 2 lb loaf (although I haven't tried the smaller setting to see if it would make a difference) and the Grain option.  Comes out a little lumpy looking but delicious.

1 cup hot water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 Tbsp molasses
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1/8 cup quinoa
1/8 cup flax seed
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup steel cut oats
1/8 cup (long or quick cooking) oatmeal
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment