Sunday, December 25, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding

Jamie Oliver's Yorkshire Pudding (the best I've had)


1 cup milk
4 Tbsp flour
Pinch salt
3 eggs
Vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 450º

Mix ingredients and let rest for 10 minutes. While batter is resting, preheat muffin tins with about 3/8 inches of oil in each section. Pour batter into 10 sections (this has to be done quickly and carefully while the oil is hot!) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until puddings are puffy and golden brown. Turn out and serve immediately.

Note: Don't open the oven door while they are baking or they won't rise.

Note 2: Be careful when turning them out as there may be a little hot oil in the puddings.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't stopped back here for a while, but of course, I sort of knew I'd just end up... hungry(ier). Seeing a beautiful big hunk of beef about did me in, but then Yorkshire Pudding too! I remember my mom used to make Yorkshire Pudding whenever we had Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, etc... I would eat it with butter melting on top, instead of the gravy. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete