Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Rotisserie Boneless Leg of Lamb w/ Rosemary Garlic Marinade

Was given a Ronco Showtime Jr Rotisserie.  Slightly used but everything was there and it was in the original box (except without the user manual) so I can't complain too much.  Was told that if I didn't like it I could give it away.  Wiped it down a bit and went to work.

Ingredients:

1 boneless leg of lamb, butterflied (Costco has good quality lamb for VERY reasonable prices)

6 cloves garlic, minced
1 T chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
juice from one large lemon
2 t Kosher salt
1 t freshly ground black pepper
1 t fresh lemon zest

Whisk together marinade ingredients and put in a one gallon plastic ziplock bag.

Add leg of lamb and squish around to completely cover.

Marinate at room temperature for one hour.  Notice the spelling difference between "marinade - the noun" and "marinate - the verb".

Roll lamb as tightly as possible  and tie with butcher's twine.

Install into rotisserie and cook until internal temperature is 145°F (about 13 to 15 minutes per pound).  Now, having said that, I don't recommend that you cook it that much.  I did mine and it came out a bit well done.  I'd probably go no more than 125°F.

I also read something recently that recommended basting at 30 minute intervals.  Might be a good use for the leftover marinade so I'll try that next time.

This was delicious except for the whole "too well done" thing.  Next up, Jerusalem Lamb Shawarma, which I have roasted in the oven but not cooked on the rotisserie.  (Just checked and this recipe hasn't been added so I'll probably put both up at the same time).


No comments:

Post a Comment