Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tami's Peppermint Bon Bons

Tami's Peppermint Bon Bons



I am unsure as to the appropriateness of snagging someone else's recipe for your own edification and enjoyment so am, for now, linking to this recipe. I will have to beg indulgence from the author at some point to have the recipe for my own.


My version. As well as one can expect I suppose for a first try. Mostly ugly but boy do they taste good. I made half with orange and half with peppermint, colored the cream orange and green, respectively, then drizzled icing over the top. That will have to be adjusted because the icing doesn't harden like the chocolate.

Special thanks to my baby sister who helped me dip the second half which then turned out much nicer and provided a reasonably attractive picture.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of balls, you know those fondue balls you made last year? I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny. I had forgotten those as they came out aesthetically weird (but tasty). I will have to try to remember what I did and see if I can do it again. Thanks for the reminder. Come visit and I promise we'll have them. :)

    ReplyDelete