Monday, September 12, 2011

Grilled Salmon

So the other day (Friday) my friend Alan gives me a whole filleted humpback salmon that he caught in the Skagit River. Today (Sunday) I put half of it on the grill with my brother's recipe. Skin on is best



Butter
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Mustard
Dill

Quantities aren't particularly important. I put in about two T of butter, one of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, a tsp of Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard, and a good healthy amount of dried dill. Mix it all up to make a paste and slather it over the non-skin side of the salmon. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat the grill on high heat with aluminium foil. Add the salmon, skin side down. Cook for about ten minutes or so. Basically when you stick a fork in it it should flake and not look like jelly.

Remove and eat.

If this isn't on the menu at the Hyatt it certainly should be.

1 comment:

  1. I've a brother that works for Electric Boat (General Dynamics). When I visit we always go to Dad's and grill Salmon pretty much the same way but the seasoning is lemon juice onion and a little terayaki. We also put raw bacon underneath, forming a barrier between the skin and the foil so it doesn't burn.

    Pretty incredible stuff.

    ReplyDelete